Sources of faults in electric fences
What are the sources of faults in electric fences?
There are several things to check if your electric fence system is not working properly.
- Check the grounding and, if necessary, improve this by installing additional grounding stakes.
- Check that the conducting material you are using has high enough conductivity to deliver the current along the entire length of the fence.
- Check the power supply. Is the mains energiser plugged in or is the battery of a battery energiser fully charged?
- Check the status indicators on your energiser.
- Check the electric fence system for any possible disturbances such as overgrown vegetation, sagging wires or faulty insulators.
- Sparks or loud cracking noises are clear indicators of a faulty contact.
- Take care to ensure conducting materials are properly connected. If extending or fixing the fence, avoid putting any knots into the conducting material and
- instead use connectors with good conductivity. The connectors should be rustproof.
Does the problem remain? Please contact our customer services. They will be happy to help you further:
Hotline:0145 234 62 04 Mon - Fri | 8am – 4pm