- All energisers are "Made in Germany" - 3 Year Warranty speaks for itself
- Over 35 years of experience are reflected in high quality, reliability and durability
- All energisers meet the European safety standard EN 60335
- We are Europe's energiser dealer No. 1
Guide for 230 V energisers
The heart of any electric fence is the energiser as it provides the fence with electricity. Very commonly used are 230 V energisers, also called mains energisers. They are particularly handy sine they can simply be plugged into an electrical socket. The most powerful energisers belong to this group. But which mains energizer suits your requirements and what needs to be considered before purchasing one?
What does a 230 V energiser do?
The 230V energizer is connected to the power grid. It converts the supplied energy to pulses which it pushes down the electric fence line. The electric fence is called just that because it has the electricity running through its conductors - may it be polywire, rope or fence tape. The electricity is released in form of a brief pulse when an animal touches a conductor of the fence system. The unpleasant feeling startles the animal, causing it to back away from the fence and to stay inside the enclosure. However, in order to keep your animals safe it is important to choose a fencer powerful enough to cause this reaction.
What kind of energiser should I choose?
For electric fences located near a house or in the vicinity of an electrical socket, it is possible to choose a 230-V-energizer, also called a mains energizer. An alternative to mains energizers are battery-operated energizers which have a voltage of 12V and 9V. They don't require any electrical socket. However, the benefits of mains energizers are the very low running costs combined with the fact that there is hardly any maintenance required. But you have to choose the right mains energiser to fit your fencing situation. Here a few things that need to be considered:
- Is there any grass/weed load on the fence? The more vegetation touches the fence, the more energy leaks into the ground.
- How long is the electric fence? The more meters of fence material/conductors, the more powerful does the fencer need to be in order to provide the desired voltage for the entire fence length.
- What animal species is to be fenced in or out? Animals with a long or thick fur coat or wool require a higher pulse strength in order for the electrical pulse to be perceived as a deterrent. Horses and sheep, for example, belong to this group. A lower pulse strength is sufficient if the electric fence is intended for small animals, pets or animals with a thinner skin.
- In order to protect the environment as well as the money in your pocket, it is important to choose a modern mains energizer with low power consumption.
Further, attention sould be paid to the top-quality components, longevity of the unit and protection against adverse weather conditions. It is advisable to invest in quality products from reputable brands.
Well-known brands and manufacturers for 230V electric fence energizers
230V energizers are available for purchase from various reputable companies. Ako and Horizont as well as Patura and Gallagher are very well-known brands.
The mains energizers from Voss.farming also belong to this category.
Modern fencing units are fitted with LED lights that show at one glance that the voltage on the fence is within a normal range and that the earthing is fine.
Another benefit of quality products with a rugged case are the fence connections which are easily accessible and at the same time well protected against the weather.
With the purchase of a NVi mains energiser, you play it safe. Our VOSS.farming units are not just energisers of great quality but also come with a 3-year-warranty.
Our strongest mains fencers offer a voltage of 11200V coupled with the energy of approx. 11 joules.
Please don't forget to also invest in a fence tester as it is very important to regularly check the proper functioning of your fence system.